Hardwood Flooring in Little Rock, AR
Make your home more inviting and beautiful with the distinctive look of hardwood flooring. At Arnold’s Flooring America, we make it easy to upgrade any room in your home with our wide selection of hardwood styles in various colors, finishes, and grains. Our showroom in Little Rock, AR, has a vast selection, friendly knowledge base, comprehensive installation services, and the resources to turn your home into a practical work of art. Whether you prefer the versatility of engineered hardwood flooring or the enduring strength of solid hardwood flooring, our friendly staff will guide you to the ideal option for your new floor and then perfectly install it. From selection to installation, we’ll be with you at every step!
Solid vs. Engineered Hardwood
The lifestyle you live can have a big impact on the flooring in your home, so it is good to have options for hardwood. Hardwood flooring typically comes in two main constructions: solid and engineered. These two types of wood flooring may look and feel very alike, but there are some significant differences. Learn more about their differences:
- Solid hardwood flooring is a traditional style of wood floors where each plank is made from a single, solid piece of wood. Each plank is typically ¾ inch thick and made entirely of premium hardwood. Since it’s completely solid throughout, you can often sand and refinish your solid hardwood floors to meet your ever-changing style needs. This eliminates scratches, stains, dents, and other imperfections. While solid hardwood is a beautiful flooring, it can be susceptible to warping in humid or moisture-prone environments. Due to this, we recommend installing your solid hardwood flooring in above-grade and non-moisture-prone rooms. Ensure your home has proper humidity levels through the dry winter months, so planks don’t become brittle and prone to gapping and cracking.
- Engineered hardwood flooring is created from laminate layers. This layered design adds stability and prevents the wood from warping from moisture and humidity exposure. A natural hardwood veneer at the surface, meaning engineered and solid hardwood looks identical from above. This type of hardwood is more affordable and durable. The only disadvantage to engineered hardwood is you can’t usually sand and refinish as often as solid wood. This depends on the quality and thickness of its top layer.
Hardwood’s Many Amazing Benefits
Hardwood flooring offers many benefits that not only help improve the value of your home but can also help improve your overall quality of life. When you purchase hardwood flooring from our flooring store, you invest in quality products from some of the industry’s best brands and manufacturers. These brands include Baroque Flooring, Downs, Floorcraft, Inhabit, Spotlight Values, and more! Learn more about hardwood’s benefits:
- Enhances the look and feel of your home by adding a touch of elegance.
- Low maintenance and easy to keep clean.
- Adds value to your home.
- Solid and durable, meaning it can last for decades and is an excellent long-term investment.
- Helps improve interior air quality.
- Looks great with any decor style.
- Comes in a variety of appearances, colors, styles, stains, and species.
- Improves acoustics in your space.
Maintaining Your New Hardwood Floors
Keeping your hardwood floors clean and looking brand new for years to come is easy! The Wenatchee area experiences a lot of humidity throughout the year, so you must prepare your new hardwood floors accordingly. Before using any hardwood cleaning products, consult your floor’s warranty to ensure you are using a product that won’t harm your hardwood flooring. We are always happy to make a cleaning product recommendation! Take these steps to ensure your new wood floors are pristine:
- Regularly sweep or vacuum.
- Dry mop to remove any excess dirt and debris.
- For a deeper clean, use a soap and water mixture when mopping.
- Use a wood polish every 2-4 months for extra shiny floors.
- Consider purchasing a dehumidifier to help prevent your wood floors from expanding and contracting due to moisture.
Professional Hardwood Flooring Installation Services
Once you pick out the perfect set of hardwood planks for your home, we offer hardwood flooring installation you can count on. Our experienced team of installers has years of experience under their belts and is ready for any project, no matter how big or small. Our team ensures that your new floor lasts for many years to come. We pay attention to the details from start to finish, meaning we don’t leave misaligned panels or any missing pieces. Our installations are covered by some of the best guarantees in the industry, including our Ultimate Confidence Guarantee. This guarantee is our promise to you of a quality install. Should you find yourself unhappy with your new hardwood flooring, just give us a call within 30 days of your installation, and we’ll happily replace your floor with a similar product at no additional cost.
Contact us to learn more about our hardwood flooring selection and installation services. We proudly serve customers in Little Rock, AR, and the surrounding communities.